» Staff Directory » prof. dr. Anton Meden
|Chair of Inorganic Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, University of Ljubljana|
||Aškerčeva 5, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
||+ 386 (0) 1 24-19-102|
University Diploma 1987, Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, University of Ljubljana.
M. Sc. 1990, Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, University of Ljubljana.
Ph. D. 1994, Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, University of Ljubljana.
- 1990 (3 weeks), participant of an international school on the application of X-ray powder diffraction, Cairo, Egypt; organizer prof. dr. Karimat ElSayed.
- 1992 (2 weeks), participant of an international crystallographic school on modern perspectives in inorganic crystal chemistry, Erice, Italy; organizer prof. dr. Erwin Parthe.
- 1995–1996 (12 months), ETH, Zurich, Switzerland; advisors dr. Christian Baerlocher and dr. Lynne McCusker.
- Assistant 1992–1996.
- Assistant Professor of Inorganic Chemistry 1995.
- Associate Professor of Inorganic Chemistry 2001.
- Funding member of the European Powder Diffraction Conference Committee (EPDICom) 1998–.
- Elected member of the International Centre for Diffraction Data (ICDD), Newtown Square, USA 1998–.
- President of the Committee for Awards UL FKKT 1999-2003.
- Commission for Preseren Awards and Recognitions for Students of the University of Ljubljana 2003-.
- Best Poster Award, 3rd European Powder Diffraction Conference, Vienna 1993.
Graduate programs at the Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, University of Ljubljana
- APPLICATION CRYSTALLOGRAPHY (30-2004)
Undergraduate programs at the Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, University of Ljubljana
- CRYSTAL CHEMISTRY (30-0009) (CHEMISTRY major)
- INORGANIC STRUCTURAL CHEMISTRY (30-0019) (CHEMISTRY option Inorganic Chemistry)
Undergraduate Programs UL FMF
- CHEMISTRY (96016) (PHYSICS, UNIVERSITY STUDY major)
- CHEMISTRY (96104) (PHYSICS, PROFESSIONAL HIGH SCOOL major)
Undergraduate Program UL NTF
- CHEMISTRY I (32118) (DESIGN OF TEXTILES AND CLOTHING major)
RESEARCH INTERESTS (More information at SICRIS)
- Study of crystal structures of various materials (ceramics, microporous materials, coordination compounds, organic compounds) and correlation of the structure with the properties of these materials.
- Development and application of methods for studying crystal structures of polycrystalline materials (application of X-ray powder diffraction).
Participation in Current Research Projects
- P1-0175 “Synthesis, Structure, Properties of Substances and Materials” (Primary Investigator Prof. Dr. Ivan Leban)
Selected publications (For complete bibliography click COBISS)
- MEDEN, Anton, MAVRI, Janez, BELE, Marjan, PEJOVNIK, Stane. Dissolution of boron in lithium melt. J. phys. chem, 1995, 99, 4252-4260.
- TUEL, Alain, CALDARELLI, Stefano, MEDEN, Anton, MCCUSKER, Lynne B., BAERLOCHER, Christian, RISTIĆ, Alenka, RAJIĆ, Nevenka, MALI, Gregor, KAUČIČ, Venčeslav. NMR characterization and Rietveld Refinement of the structure of rehydrated AlPO4-34. J. phys. chem., B, 2000, 104, 5697-5705.
- MEDEN, Anton, McCUSKER, Lynne B., BAERLOCHER, Christian, RAJIĆ, Nevenka, KAUČIČ, Venčeslav. Rietveld refinement of a chabazite-like aluminophosphate containing a [Ni(1,2-diaminoethane)2O2]2- complex bridge. Microporous and mesoporous materials, 2001, 47, 269-274.
- MALI, Gregor, MEDEN, Anton, RISTIĆ, Alenka, NOVAK TUŠAR, Nataša, KAUČIČ, Venčeslav. Interaction of dipropylamine template molecules with the framework of as-synthesized AlPO4-31. J. phys. chem., B, 2002, 106, 63-69.
- BOULLAY, Philippe, MERCURIO, D., BENČAN, Andreja, MEDEN, Anton, DRAŽIĆ, Goran, KOSEC, Marija. An XRPD ab-initio structural determination of La2RuO5. J. solid state chem., 2003, 170, 294-302.